Monday, October 26, 2009

My milk smells like campfire

Thanks to all of you who gently stroked my ego. I feel loved, I feel important, I feel pretty.... oh so pretty.. and witty.... and bright!
Everette, Jonathan, Grant (everette's brother) and I went camping at Mounds State Park. Sadly, I don't have time right now to regale you with exciting tales of the wilderness (as experienced from a heated pop-up camper), but rest assured they and pictures will be coming soon. But after breakfast this morning I had to tell you what we had been up to.
But this leads me to confess a deep dark secret. Sometimes, at my house, when no one is looking, I drink milk right from the carton. I  know... I should be arrested.  But anyway. As I lifted the carton to my lips, I took a breath, and my milk carton smelled like campfire, reminding me  of the wonderful weekend we had, that I am not telling you about, because I  can't , because I don't have time, because I have a mountain of laundry and suitcases to unpack, and a suitcase to repack because Everette is leaving tomorrow and a halloween costume to gather because Everette is going to a work party while he is away. Do you think airport security will mind if I put a hatchet in my husbands carry on?

2 comments:

Annie said...

Ha ha! Bob bought a maul, or a hatchet, or something like that to split wood, and it's been in the van for two weeks. I was so worried that I'd get pulled over and then they'd suspect me of plotting some gruesome murder or something...

I only drink juice from the carton, and only when I'm alone, and only when I'm finishing it off -- but I still feel like a rebel when I do it. :)

Megan said...

annie,
I hear you... the real truth is.. I am the only person who really drinks the milk. Everette rarely drinks it and Jonathan drinks soy milk. So I guess I am not such a rebel either... and by the way... you drink juice? like fruit juice? :)