Friday, October 30, 2009

A positive review

I know all of you are dying for camping stories, and I promise they will come. Seriously, the will. Before Jonathan graduates high school I promise there will be camping stories.

But first a restaurant review.
For those local lafayette(ians?)(ers?) who love Mexican food, can I please recommend the New Little Mexico. Not to be confused with Little Mexico II.

I think they are owned by the same people, the menu seems very much the same. But the atmosphere....
Wowsah!
It is in the old Lone Star on US52. I went there last night with my brother and his family. Honestly I was expecting wobbly cafe tables draped with a mexican blanket and topped with plexi-glass. Sombreros and Mexican dresses plastered on the walls.

Like these only after they had been attacked with a bedazzler
 But no... The whole place was covered with these beautiful wood carved painted murals. It was a feast for the eyes. We played "I spy" all night. I looked and looked online for something to give you a taste of what it was like in there, but I couldn't find anything comparable.  My brother talked to one of the managers/owners about the walls and this artist from Mexico came to do the walls and the only thing he even drew were the birds and the fruit. The rest he freehanded.
It was seriously incredible.
If you already love the food you won't be disappointed.
Plus... they have a party room!
So you just have to go and see for yourself.

No comments: