Wednesday, November 7, 2007

It's all relative

So today is day two of having my wisdom teeth removed, and I have learned that pain is all relative. Like yesterday I went to sleep feeling like I lost a boxing match, but today I woke up feeling like I was hit by a semi. But this pain is nothing compared to the searing, piercing, stabbing, nerve exposing pain I felt in my tooth before they removed it. This pain was the second worst pain I have ever felt in my life (just in case you are wondering... the first is NOT labor--- when I was in high school I had these strange reoccurring lower abdominal pains--definitely the WORST pain in my life). So the moral of the story is if you are afraid of getting your wisdom teeth removed because of the potential for pain; just let a large painful cavity develop in one of them and wait until the pain gets so bad you want to blow off the side of your jaw and then the surgery will be much less painful... relatively speaking.

No comments: