Monday, August 24, 2009

Delicious salad.

I just finished dinner, and I am avoiding the dishes, only temporarily.
But I made myself (and Everette) a delicious salad. In literally ten minutes (dressing too).
Unfortunately I didn't measure so the odds of duplicating is slim.
but here is how I did it.

I put a blob of dijon mustard in a bowl (I would say 1 heaping Tablespoon)
then a teaspoon of sugar.
Then 2 tablespoons of honey (I used orange blossom)
Then the juice of 1 1/2 lemons
then I drizzled olive oil until it "looked right"
Maybe 1/4 a cup?
Then I whisked it up real good.

Then I chopped up some romaine lettuce
1/2 a sweet pepper
1 small red onion
sunflower seeds
chopped almonds (roasted and salted)
a handful of craisins
1 braeburn apple (would be better with granny smith)

I tossed in most of the dressing and cracked some pepper.

Oh my goodness. I would have taken a picture but every time I put my fork down, Everette tried to eat off my plate. I had to guard it with my life.
I know what I am having for lunch tomorrow. and you should too!

No comments: