Monday, January 7, 2008

A rant on the word "chillaxin"

First a tangent... I am using a different computer to post this particular post, and of course my blog isn't bookmarked so as I lazily typed in the url, I realized I had forgotten the ".blogspot". Much to my overwhelming joy I landed on the officialy JEM website and was greeted by the glorious theme song. I miss that show.

Now on to more pressing issues. I realize that I may offend someone hear, but hey... it's my blog. I am currently in Cleveland OH visiting my aunt, uncle and cousin. Everette has a weeklong business trip, so we packed up the truck and drove over on Saturday and Everette flew out from here. Today was a glorious day, of doing nothing. I was here all day with Jonathan. It was fabulous. There was no laundry to do, no dishes to wash, Jonathan and I went on a walk, and best of all.... the remote was ALL mine!!!!!!! I have been watching football for almost a week straight. And while I enjoyed it, i also enjoyed watching reruns of Gilmore girls and Everybody Loves Raymond. Which brings me to the title of this post. I guess you could say I was "chillaxin", but I hate that word. It seems to be popping up everywhere. I will admit that it is a clever combination, but for some reason it irks me.
I tend te be annoyed by new words. For instance I hate the slang word "pics"I don't know why but I refuse to use it. And alarmingly I have found myself slipping.
On the other hand with all of the terrible things in the world you would think I would have better things to do than to be obsessed with odd or stupid sounding words. However I cannot stop myself. It is like nails on a chalkboard. Maybe there is some truth to the nickname my brother gave me. I seemed to be obsessed with speech. (my nickname, by the way, is "Queen Megan Elizabeth Keeper of the Audible Speech--which to me always seemed ironic considering there are few people I know that talk more than he does)
So to sum up... I got to watch TV with control of the remote, I hate the words "chillaxin" and "pics".

Stay tuned for more pics of my adorable son (please note the irony)

No comments: