For Christmas I got reusable shopping bags. To some this might be considered a super lame gift. They, however, have not seen MY reusable shopping bags.
MY reusable Shopping bags are beautiful! They might possibly be the coolest bags I own, and I own a lot of bags. My brother and sister-in-law got them for me. I had just come to the point where I thought I might be ready for the responsibility of reusable shopping bags, and was thinking of buying some. Except all the ones that they have at the store are way ugly covered in store brand logos. My sister-in-law has some cool hemp mesh bags that scrunch up into little tiny balls and are very utilitarian, so I was considering these. But I didn't have to because I got awesome ones for Christmas. It took me a little while to remember them, but after deciding the permanent place for them was the backseat of my car, I have pretty much found my groove. For those of you considering the switch here are a few pros and cons.
1. You actually have to carry something IN to the grocery store, add a purse and a diaper bag, and your cart is pretty full already.
2. You have to remember to: a)put them in your car b) get them out of your car at the store c)put them back in your car when you are finished.
3. Sometimes people tap their foot and sigh when they are standing behind you in line.
1. These bags are beautiful (and you have an excuse to use them)
2.You are saving plastic in the landfill
3. personally speaking, I don't have to deal with the clutter of those danged plastic bags in my pantry anymore, and I don't have to feel guilty about throwing them away!
4. They actually hold more and are easier to carry, making it possible to carry in your groceries in one trip (a personal goal of mine).
5. you can use them to carry lots of other stuff too.
6. People will be jealous of your awesome bags.
Are you dying to see them? Wait no longer
This is only half, I have two more I wasn't using this trip. Aren't they lovely? The only other downfall is that these bags came from Toys R Us, which means you have to be brave enough to go there to get them. I must never lose these. That would be tragic as I am NOT brave enough to go into Toys R Us.
This bag came from my friend Dana; I love it because it folds up and snaps together. It is huge and handy when you are just doing a quick trip. It came from Kohls.
**Amber S. please note the use of the semicolon above; I