Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pancakes!

so this most is as much for me as anyone else. Making pancakes is not as easy as it seems.I made some tonight and they were pretty amazing. So I'm gonna write
it here so I can remember later.

1 batch makes 10 medium sized pancakes.

1 1/2 cups of SELF-RISING flour (this is very important).
1 T sugar
1/4 t of salt
1t of baking powder
1/4 t baking soda

4T of cold butter
1 egg, beaten
1c buttermilk
1T vanilla

mix dry ingredients together.
cut in cold butter with pastry cutter til crumbly
add buttermilk, egg and vanilla

heat griddle and melt butter.
cook pancakes at 375

VARIATION: banana pancakes... make as above, slice banana, and pour thin layer of batter onto griddle add slices of banana and cover with more pancake batter.. make sure bananas are not exposed as they will burn and taste yucky!

If you don't have self rising flour I would suggest doubling the baking powder.

No comments: