Friday, February 29, 2008

Black Mold

Ok Melissa, I accept your challenge. What's grosser than gross?
What's gross?
Your baby spitting up the entire contents of his bottle onto his outfit.
What's grosser than that?
Putting it in the laundry hamper and forgetting about it... a perfect place for black mold to grow.
What's grosser than that?
Innocently reaching your hand into the laundry hamper as you drop things into the washer, and getting black mold all over your hand. Black mold... not green mold, or even mildew.... black, nasty, coat-your-lungs mold.
grosser than gross

This is one of those things that you post and as you are posting you ask yourself, why you are even putting it out there for people to see? It definitely doesn't reflect well on yourself. It might even cause concern for the cleanliness of your house. But still I post. I cannot pretend to be something I am not. I am not one of those adorable wives whose house is always immaculate and everything is always in order (much to my husband's dismay). I think my problem is I don't think linearly. I think randomly ( I bet you never would have guessed)--that and my other problem is I am lazy. I start a million things at once and quickly forget about half of them. Knowing this and more importantly accepting this about myself, leaves me with the challlenge of figuring out how to get things done using this to my advantage instead of fighting against it.
Here's hoping that someday there will be no more black mold at the bottom of the laundry hamper (at least until Jonathan is in high school and he puts nasty things in there without telling me--yikes-he's going to be in high school someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

1 comment:

melissa said...

Ha ha ha, okay, you win. Know what I'm famous for? The boys would spit up (or any bodily function, really) on their clothes, my mom would put them in a plastic bag, and I'd throw them in the car. I'd leave them in the car. I'd remember them a few days later, after they'd been in the 90 degree heat (or more), and I'd get colorful nastiness also.

You're not alone!!