Monday, February 4, 2008

Say What?!?!?

I am almost 26 years old (where the heck did this year go?!) and for 25 1/2 years I could not care less about the Superbowl. I am serious. I could not care less. So what happened!? My husband happened. Everette LOVES football, any kind. High School, college, pro, arena, flag, little grid-iron. If it is on TV in any fashion he will watch. So I have been married for four years, what else happened... we only have one TV channel. Sometimes you are so desperate you will watch anything (plus side... Everette has to watch Hallmark movies with me :) ). So I have now become a football fan, don't get me wrong I have always liked going to football games... but I am pretty sure it was for candy bars and the skittles. Now I know about football- I am not even close to Everette's level, but I know it. I know who plays for what team, who coaches who. Frightening. Oh it gets worse... I even listen (rarely-but still on my own accord) to football commentary. I am not talking about listening to a game on the radio, I am talking post game analysis. Yikes!!!! Here is the difference I have no real football team loyalties (excepting the Colts-but that is mostly because I think Tony Dungy is the awesomest). I am all for who plays the most exciting game. For instance. I know everybody hates the patriots, but everybody hates them because they are good-and they know it. Well, that and Bill Belichick is a jerk. Come on everybody knows it. So I sat with Everette and his family on their incredibly awesome couch and watched the Superbowl. The atmosphere was heavily weighted toward the Giants. And for the most part I agreed. I mean the Giants are definitely a more likable team--those manning boys-not the coolest looking but definitely have that all-American appeal. But even I couldn't help hoping that the patriots could go all the way. My personal feelings about the character of their coach aside, there is a whole team full of guys that worked their butts off and they can't all be jerks right?
So here is the secret real reason I like watching football.... usually we get to go to Everette's parents where his mom or dad makes dinner, someone dotes on Jonathan and I get to take a nap on their totally awesome couch (did I mention the couch?). I better stop. Enough football. I am really starting to concern myself. I think I better go get my hair done.. my roots are growing in, that must be the problem.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Megan? Are you in there somewhere?

Megan said...

barely... The growing amount of testosterone is stifling. I need to go shopping.

Michelle said...

We were all gathered around the tv watching through the fuzz. I was actually confused when my mom said she didn't even turn it on at their house!!! All that TV and no game...

Elijah was upset this morning when he found out that the Patriots didn't win. When he went to bed they were still leading. He was especially upset because Brian was rooting for the Giants. "You're team always wins, daddy."

jawolheter said...

Hey Megan, I just found your blogspot. I'm so excited! Hope you are all doing well.

Andrea for the Wolheter's