Monday, March 16, 2009

Quote of the Week

I heard this on the news late last week and for some reason I just can't get it out of my head.
Last Sunday when it "huffed and puffed, and blew" some houses down, they were interviewing some people with severely damaged homes. There was a man and his wife, who may have not been THE quintessential trailer home owners, but they definitely gave off that vibe, if you know what I mean.
The man was describing the miraculous preservation of their trailer. He began with, "when the wind started blowin' we (he and his wife) just started prayin'." Then the camera followed him as he gestured with his hands, his voice was not cracked with emotion, it was strong but full of wonder. "Over here, this house, is where my brother lives, it was built by my father, and a skilled carpenter [camera cuts to a flattened house]. And over here, is my parents house, it was also built by good talented carpenters [cut to another demolished home]. And we live in a trailer home surrounded by angels."

Recreating it seems silly now, but I simply can't forget it. Something about the way he spoke struck me in such a profound way. I think I have already destroyed it enough, so I will leave well enough alone.

2 comments:

darcilyna said...

you definitely did the scenario justice... what a neat story of faith and of God's protection!

Amber said...

Now I can't get it out of my head either!