Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's Christmas at the Mills's's's's

I never know how that's supposed to go.
Anyway, since we don't celebrate the same Santa everyone else does... I have taken a popular children's Christmas song and rewritten the lyrics (sorry they don't rhyme) see if you can figure it out...

(feel free to sing along)
Who sends your gifts on a continental flight?
Santa sends your gifts on a continental flight.

Who has legs that are pasty white?
Santa has legs that are pasty white.

continental flight, pasty white.

Must be Santa, must be santa, santa claus


Who wears boots and a suit of brown?
Santa wears boots and a suit of brown?

Who wears a brown cap on his head?
Santa wears a brown cap on his head

suit of brown, cap on head
must be santa must be santa, santa claus

Who drives a brown truck in your town?
Santa drives a brown truck in your town.

Who delivers your Lands End nightgown?
Santa delivers your Lands End nightgown?

In your town, Lands End 'gown.
Must be santa, must be santa, must be santa santa claus.

Must be Mister, Must be Mister, Must be mister U-P-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, sorry you had to see that. I am not sure where it came from.
Anyway, it was Christmas at our house, Christmas for everyone, but I think Everette was the most excited.
Because it certainly wouldn't thrill my heart to see this at my front door.(I will give a prize--a honest to goodness real prize, to the first person (not my husband) who can identify this company and tell me why they know who this company is (the brown boxes), and what they sell--we're going on the honesty system--no "googling")

Anyway, for those of you who don't know, just how geeky we are, we have a computer downstairs hooked up to our TV and entertainment system, that we use to view pictures, watch hulu, listen to music, and watch hilarious videos on youtube.

The first computer we got on ebay, and well, it wasn't super awesome. For one, it was noisy, two it was a bit finicky about when and how well it would boot itself up-my sister can attest to that.
So Everette decided to buy a different one, and he manged to work it all out so that we got a BlueRay player in it as well.
As you can see it arrived on Monday, and Everette spent the evening putting it together. While I spent it searching for the Planet Earth Series on BlueRay. This turned out to be quite difficult, and we ended up buying it, because were were just so dang excited.
I had mixed feelings about it, but I had already seen a lot of it from my mom and I loved it.
As amazing as it was on regular high def (I can't believe I just said that)--it was double that on BlueRay. And I was totally skeptical. I could 't imagine it being that better. It totally was. Anyway, my point of all of this was, it was so fun to see Everette so excited about his new geek toy. And our house looked like it does on Chirstmas morning.
Again, I apologize about the song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved, loved, loved the song!