Thursday, June 18, 2009

So you thought it was a bad thing I have been quiet....

Today I had this song in my head, feel free to hum along if you know it.

There's a place in France where the naked ladies dance.
There's a hole in the wall where the men can see it all.

Now here's the part we (my childhood friends and I) may have made up.
But the men don't care
Because they're in their underwear.

First of all I apologize to those of you who weren't expecting to read about nudity when you came here today. But that's just how I roll.
So as I was humming this tune, a few thoughts occurred to me:
1. Why the heck am I singing this ridiculous song?
2. Really, did we really say the men didn't care because they were in their underwear?
And what exactly did the not care about? Did they not want to see the naked women, and were some how vindicated because they were in their underwear?
OR did they not care that they were in their underwear? Or are the women in their underwear?
3. Who made up this song? Where did it come from, and why do little kids sing it?
4. What would I say if I heard Jonathan singing it?

These are serious questions that need answers.

1 comment:

amberbahler said...

lol! I had that little song in my head a while back and since I couldn't get it out, started asking the same kinds of questions. And then I remembered that I asked myself at least 1/2 of those questions when I was kid and since I couldn't figure out the answers to them then, I probably wouldn't be able to figure them out now...and went on my merry way, continuing to hum it...