Sunday, March 23, 2008

Late Nights

For the record this is the third night in a row that I am up late and everyone else is sleeping. I am not thrilled. Two nights ago I thought it was some late-in-the-day caffeine (which it could have been). But it does not explain day two and day three.

Today was pretty fun. Jonathan slept late... which means mommy and daddy got to sleep late, 9:15, Yay! We went to breakfast and then to Menards-of course. Everette has decided to move his workshop into the basement. Due largely to the fact that one of the reasons we bought this house was because it had a three car garage and he wanted to put his truck in the garage. We have lived here since June and it still sits outside. For the record when we moved in I told him to put his truck in the third garage and his workshop in the middle. But he did not listen. So nine months later Everette is building a workbench in the basement (obviously the neck was not strong enough to turn the head this time). The project was a smashing success! Here is how we define success: No one was injured (not even a minor injury), the project was finished, the workbench seems to be holding, there were no fights, and most impressively....... only ONE trip to the hardware store!!!!! We can't even put up a Christmas Tree with one trip to the hardware store--LOOONG story that most of you know.
Can someone explain to me the miraculous powers of the television? Jonathan was kind of cranky today, as a result of his nap schedule being altered. On top of that Everette needed my help doing a few things so Jonathan had to play on a blanket alone-which he can usually do. It seemed like he was whining every 5 minutes. Until about 6:15 when Everette came up to take a break and turned on the basketball games. Then Jonathan laid on his blanket mesmerized by the TV. He was happy until 7:45 when I took him up for his bath. It was ridiculous!

Another plus...(a blessing in disguise of sorts) our floor refinishing has been postponed a week. The contracter has a big job that will take all week so he is coming a week from Monday. HOw is this a plus? 1. Everette will be in town next week-relieiving me of hte stress of having to be here, with a baby alone with strangers in my house and the stress of making sure everything is done right, and dealing with any problems that might come up. 2. we don't have to move our furniture out this weekend, giving me all of next week to prepare. 3.Everette will be in town next week-relieiving me of hte stress of having to be here, with a baby alone with strangers in my house and the stress of making sure everything is done right, and dealing with any problems that might come up. 4. Did I mention Everette will be home?

The other great thing is that it all happened because the contracter can't do it. Not as a result of me saying, "I don't want to do this while you are gone-I am REALLY nervous about it." and Everette saying, " you'll do fine, don't be such a weenie" Yay!

No comments: