Sunday, February 7, 2010

Teriyaki Wings

In honor of Superbowl Sunday, I made wings, and they turned out pretty good. So this post is as much for me as it is for any of you interested.

Teriyaki Glaze
  • 1/4 c Sesame Seeds
  • 3/4 c Soy Sauce
  • 1  c Orange Juice
  • 1/4 c Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce (the sauce not the marinade)
  • 1/4 c Ketchup
  • 1/4 c Seasoned Rice vinegar
  • 1/2 c Light brown sugar
  • 5 garlic cloves minced
  • 3T ground ginger
  • 1 small pinch of crushed red pepper (these wings are not supposed to be spicy, so don't add too much).
  • 2 t cornstarch
1 lg bag of frozen chicken wings, thawed
canola oil

1. Whisk ingredients together, bring to a boil on stove top, simmer uncovered until reduced to a glaze.
2. In a cast iron skillet heat 2 inches of oil to 350 degrees. Add rinsed chicken a bit at a time, skin side down. Wings fry for about 13 mins, until golden. Drain on paper towel.
3. after glaze has thickened, turn heat to low, and drop in drained wings.Turn wings to coat completely, remove, plate and serve.

I had enough glaze leftover to stir-fry some veggies and serve.

NOTE: the original recipe I adapted from directed that I fry the wings. And I won't lie they were really good and crunchy, but it was so messy, next time I am going to try the oven technique.

No comments: